Monitoring and recording skill cycles

Apr 28, 2009 at 9:24 PM
Edited Apr 28, 2009 at 9:26 PM
Something that has caused increasing interest in the European Champion community, and I suspect something a great deal of players would benefit from learning more about, is the skill cycles (skill sequence) they use during a fight. Our performance is to a large extent determined by the order in which we use our skills and abilities, and how that order corresponds to the timing of a particular weapon setup. As such, the ability to study skill cycles would greatly increase our understanding of performance, but also allow us to find the ideal sequence and thereby directly increase our performance.

This could also give birth to an exciting DPS flow chart where players can see their performance develop over time, watch the effects of power shortage, determine their level of sustainable DPS etc. This could essentially give birth to a whole range of interesting tools to analyse the combat log. But for starts a simple list showing the order in which skills were used would be great.

I therefore suggest that this feature is implemented into CStats.
Coordinator
Apr 29, 2009 at 1:09 PM
Definitely doable.
Jun 22, 2009 at 11:06 AM
Edited Jun 22, 2009 at 11:23 AM

You can do it kind of manually.

If you extract the data per skill per enemy, you extract the time stamp of the attack as well. Then you have to put all extracts together for example in one MS Excel file. After sorting the data by time stamp you get a combat log where you can see when you used skill A, B, C. With some special Excel formulas (e.g. SUMIF) und you can then do summaries on your own.

But, honestly, if it could be implemented into CStats, it would be a lot easier.

When I'm back at home, I will try to post an example here.