CStats with german client?

Jan 29, 2009 at 11:29 AM
I tried to get CStats working with my german client.

I can start parsing on my combatlog txt file, but it will show no encounters.

Is this a language issue?
Coordinator
Feb 4, 2009 at 1:33 PM
Edited Feb 4, 2009 at 1:33 PM
Most likely. Localization isn't something I addressed because I'm only fluent in English, though somewhat rusty in French. If I can provide you with a list of events that generates the various combat log messages, would you be willing to provide the German translation for them?
Feb 7, 2009 at 10:54 AM
I would like to help to translate it into german.
Coordinator
Feb 9, 2009 at 1:23 PM
to add the translation, I would need example combat messages for the following:

When you do damage to someone with auto-attack, and with an ability,
When someone does damage to you,
When you reflect damage to an enemy
When an enemy reflects damage to you
When you heal someone
When you heal yourself
When someone heals you
When you heal someone through a conjunction
When you are healed by someone through a conjunction
When you partially hit a mob
When a mob partially hits you
Whenever you defeat an enemy (In english client this is "Your mighty blow topples")
Whenever another person defeats an enemy (In english client this appears as "<So and So> defeated <mob>")
Whenever you change zones, the channel change message. (For english client it shows as "Entered <zone> - OOC channel")
When you are defeated.

In the english client some of these messages have multiple formats (damage for example can be <so and so> hits with ability <mob> for 1000, or it can be <so and so > wounds <victim>.

Feel free to submit them when you get time. The more examples the better. Also some documentation such as rough translation from German > English of certain keywords (like for example, the German equivalent to "wound" that the client uses) with them would be helpful, but not necessary

Feb 14, 2009 at 10:14 AM

so let me start....

When you do damage to someone with an ability,
    You wound the Ghâsh-hai Rampager with Brutal Strikes for 441 points of Ancient Dwarf-make damage.
        Ihr verwundet Angmarim-Sucher mit der Fertigkeit 'Übermannen' und verursacht 444 Punkte Schaden (Westernis).
        Ihr verwundet Bilwiss-Dorf-Gräber mit der Fertigkeit 'Abschießen' und verursacht 157 Punkte Schaden (allgemein).

When you do damage to someone with auto-attack
    You wound the Ghâsh-hai Rampager for 55 points of Common damage.
        Ihr verwundet Angmarim-Sucher und verursacht 11 Punkte Schaden (allgemein).
    You wound the Ghâsh-hai Rampager for 385 points of Ancient Dwarf-make damage.
        Ihr verwundet Sithad-Klingenschnabel und verursacht 276 Punkte Schaden (Uralte Zwergenart).

The Ghâsh-hai Rampager wounds you with Melee Fire Min for 111 points of Fire.
        Angmarim-Sucher verwundet Euch mit der Fertigkeit 'Doppelter Schaden (Nahkampf)' und Ihr nehmt 88 Punkte Schaden (allgemein).
    The Ghâsh-hai Rampager wounds you for 64 points of Common damage.
        Bilwiss-Dorf-Gefängniswärter verwundet Euch und Ihr nehmt 25 Punkte Schaden (allgemein).

When you heal yourself
        Ihr heilt 181 Punkte des Schadens, den Eure Wunden verursachen.
    You heal yourself for 240 Power points.
        Ihr heilt 135 Punkte des Schadens (Kraft), den Ihr genommen habt.

When someone heals you
        Siegel der Heilung heilt 23 Punkte des Schadens, den Eure Wunden verursachen.

Whenever you defeat an enemy (In english client this is "Your mighty blow topples")
    Your mighty blow defeated the Ghâsh-hai Rampager.
        Mit mächtigem Hieb besiegt: Angmarim-Sucher. 

Whenever another person defeats an enemy (In english client this appears as "<So and So> defeated <mob>")
        Elanoria hat besiegt: Bergmenschen-Gefolgsmann.

Whenever you change zones, the channel change message. (For english client it shows as "Entered <zone> - OOC channel")
    Entered the Moria - OOC channel.
        Chat-Kanal 'Trollhöhen - OOC' betreten

Damage Types – Schadensarten:
    Ancient Dwarf-make – Schaden (Uralte Zwergenart)
    Beleriand – Schaden (Beleriand-Schaden)
    Fire – Schaden (Feuer)
    Light - Schaden (Licht) 
    Frost – Schaden (Frost)
    Westernesse – Schaden (Westernis)
    Common damage – Schaden (allgemein)

The Ghâsh-hai Rampager wounds you with Melee Fire Min for 111 points of Fire.
    Angmarim-Sucher verwundet Euch mit der Fertigkeit 'Doppelter Schaden (Nahkampf)' und Ihr nehmt 88 Punkte Schaden (allgemein).
        English - german
            The Ghâsh-hai Rampager – Angmarim-Sucher
            wounds you – verwundet Euch
            with Melee Fire Min – mit der Fertigkeit 'Doppelter Schaden (Nahkampf)'
            for 111 Points – und Ihr nehmt 88 Punkte
            of fire – Schaden (Feuer)

When you do damage to someone
    You wound the Ghâsh-hai Rampager with Brutal Strikes for 441 points of Ancient Dwarf-make damage.
    Ihr verwundet Angmarim-Sucher mit der Fertigkeit 'Übermannen' und verursacht 444 Punkte Schaden (Uralte Zwergenart).
        English – german
            you wound – Ihr verwundet
            Ghâsh-hai Rampager – Angmarim-Sucher
            with Brutal Strikes - mit der Fertigkeit 'Übermannen'
            for 441 points -  und verursacht 444 Punkte
            of Ancient Dwarf-make damage - Schaden (Uralte Zwergenart)

When you do damage to someone with auto-attack
    You wound the Ghâsh-hai Rampager for 55 points of Common damage.
    Ihr verwundet Angmarim-Sucher und verursacht 11 Punkte Schaden (allgemein).
        English-german
            you wound - Ihr verweundet
            the Ghâsh-hai Rampager - Angmarim-Sucher
            for 55 points - und verursacht 11 Punkte
            of common damage - Schaden (allgemein)

You heal yourself for 240 Power points.
Ihr heilt 135 Punkte des Schadens (Kraft), den Ihr genommen habt.
    English - german
        you heal - Ihr heilt
        yourself - den Ihr genommen habt
        for 240 Power points - 135 Punkte des Schadens (Kraft)

could you send me an example combat log with nearby all which i have to translate??

to be continued ;)

Coordinator
Feb 17, 2009 at 4:38 AM
Thanks rage, your help is greatly appreciated. I can send you a log that I think has just about every kind of message you can have, where would you like me to send it to? Also if you're interested, you could translate the UI for complete german support?

Again, thanks for the help.
Coordinator
Feb 17, 2009 at 4:39 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Feb 21, 2009 at 1:03 AM
Edited Feb 21, 2009 at 1:04 AM
Thank you for your great work, Asperity.

I also will greatly appreciate it if you will get CStats work for German client-software. As rage told to do the translation of the log-stuff I would offer to take care for the tranlation of the UI if you and rage wish so. Just let me know how this could be done best for your needs. You could send me text to translate or I just start by myself to translate the menu, buttons, etc. I think I would also be able to directly modify the ressource-strings in the source-files, if you like. Don't worry, I will be able to recompile it to make sure I did't mess up things ;)
Feb 21, 2009 at 6:10 AM
Hi Pylsur,

Asperity hatte mich auch schon gefragt ob ich die UI übersetzen möchte habe damit aber noch nicht richtig angefangen.
Er meinte, dass es ausreicht wenn man durch die UI geht und so alles übersetzt.

>As for translating the UI, you don't
>need the source, you can just thumb through the UI and write a note of
>translation for each menu item and option ect
>
>Ie.. Exit = <german word>
>
>        Options = <german word>

Wenn du möchtest kannst du das auch gern mitmachen.

Viele Grüsse
Rage
Feb 21, 2009 at 5:16 PM
Hi rage,

Ja, wenn es dir recht ist, kann ich das machen. Ich denke mit der Übersetzung des Kampflogs dürfte für dich ja noch genug Arbeit übrigbleiben ;)

Gruß, Pylsur
Coordinator
Feb 21, 2009 at 6:36 PM
The framework and support for localization is almost completely finished, so hopefully when we're all done, CStats will work for you guys. Thank you guys for your assistance, I really appreciate it. Not having an account on Codemasters' forums, I didn't think I'd ever be able to add support for the EU LotRO players who use the non-English client.
Mar 9, 2009 at 7:02 PM
The translation of the UI is almost finished (as far as I can get as long as the parsing actually does't work for the German clients). Would you tell me, where I can send the text files to, which contain the translations?

Many Greetings
Pylsur
Coordinator
Mar 11, 2009 at 3:32 PM
Send it to admin@getcstats.com

Could you also send a sample log file so that I can test German parsing?
Mar 11, 2009 at 4:07 PM
Wow, thanks for all your effort put into this project.

I wish I could have helped more, but didn't have much time recently.

See ya!
Apr 8, 2009 at 12:46 PM
Did you need any more Logfiles, maybe i could send you some stuff?
Apr 8, 2009 at 6:07 PM
Meanwhile I did some work by myself and I have a version of CStats now which is working for German clients. I sent the adapted sourcecode to Asperity in hope he will distribute that version on this website. I'm still waiting for an answer.

Greetings, Pylsur
Coordinator
Apr 10, 2009 at 1:06 AM
I've got plenty of logs to finish the translation. With regards to the german version that Pylsur sent: that version will not be posted and distributed. The way localization is done in an application is you extract all string literals into resource files. A resource manager is created in the application with references to keys for each different control, or object that needs a translated phrase. From there, the resource manager will take the current language that is set in the application and pull from the corresponding resource file the phrase that needs to be referenced with that key. It is impossible to maintain a project by directly translating the strings in the source files. Every time a change is made to one version, it would have to be made to all of them. I will use some of the translations provided in the source Pylsur gave me (in particular, the regular expressions as those are the most difficult to create). I cannot give an ETA on a release because work is taking up a lot of time at the moment.
Jul 20, 2009 at 1:02 PM

Is there any news on that? If there's additional help needed, I could do translations too (even regex [perl] if need be)